Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One fall afternoon

I haven't been updating my blog since year now.Partly coz i have been trying to adjust to the fairly new life here in Van City far away from home.2 and a half years in this city now i call home, has taught me a lot of lessons.

Okay i'm straying away from the reason that made me scribble in my notepad today.So today is a typical friday. The beginning of fall is surprisingly pleasant with theperfect day time temperature of 20 degrees with lot of sunshine.Now on such a wonderfulday its literally a punishment having to sit indoors at your desk and work.Having watched peopleenjoying this nice day from my work window i decided not to further punish myself.

So,around 12.30pm,i headed out,Grabbed a soup and salad (yeah yeah i am trying to eat healthyagain, Sighs* ) I went and seated myself at the huge stairs that line the Vancouver PublicLibrary.The stairs were full with people enjoying their lunch break in all the sunshine.

There was a street entertainer near the sidewalk, playing a guitar and singing.He had a prettygood voice and the poeple around seemed to be really loving listening to him.

I walked up the entire flight of stairs,and propped myself up on the topmost one.Later realisedthat it was a wee bit too much of sun shining down on me,but oh well, i decided to soak it up whileit shines with its full might ;)

After settling down on my spot and comfortably munching my salad,i started looking around at the groupof people around me.It was a mixture of college students,office goers, family's & seniors.And there were a lot of them sitting all by themselves, (just like me).More than half of them busy textingon their hitech smart phones.Thank you god for the futuristic technology.With wireless carriersgiving away social networking for a fee that doesnt break your bank,people seem to opt for it more oftento keep themselves in pace with the hip and happening tech innovations.I am not the one against these tech gadgets, as a matter of fact, just yesterday i gifted myself a long pendingdecent fone.i sometimes wonder, once upon a time,some time back we did survive withouttweeting and updating status messages didn't we ;)

So munching further on listening to the guy singing on the sidewalk i had a bout of nostalgia.I was reminiscing the fun times spent with the gang.All along through college times, then at ZILS till those much awaited lunch breaks at Indiagames.All the gossip, the leg pulling,taunting & the chit chat.Sharing our lunches, gorging on the desserts sometimes with the diet n gym talks,ahh such bliss!

Sitting miles apart the memories of those fun times really made my afternoon a much more wonderful one :) Back at my desk, a much happier me,i grabbed the opportunity to pen this down.

Thanks to everyone who made my day :)

2 comments:

Linhy said...

interesting blog!

prach said...

Thanks Linhy. You are quite a writer yourself. And being from mumbai myself a lot of ur mentions about the city and its people are really interesting!